- AV Processor & Power Amplifier
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Bluray Player
- DAC/ Network Streamers
- HD Media Player
- HDMI Cables
- Integrated amplifier
- Inwall/ Inceiling/Onwall/Weatherproff Speakers
- Learning /Universal Remote
- PA and ProAudio
- Power Amplifier
- Turn Table
- Home Theater In a Box (HTIB)
- Bluray /DVD /HD Media Players
- Mini Hi Fi
- Sound Bar
- AV Furniture/Mounts
- Professional Audio
- AV Receivers
- Clearance SALE
- Exchange Offers
- Used AV
- Locate Us
- Stars of HtStore (Feedback)
Loudspeaker Physical Description:
- Bookshelf Loudspeaker
- Black ash and piano gloss black finish options.
- 5-way binding posts.
- 1.7” wide-flared rear-firing port.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height).
- Cabinet Dimensions: 13.2" (H) X 8" (W) X 9.7" (D).
- Overall Dimensions: 13.3" (H) X 8" (W) X 10.3" (D) (includes grille and bumper feet).
- Shipped Dimensions 2 Pack: 17.6" (H) X 22.4" (W) X 14.4” (D).
- Weight Unboxed: 15.5 pounds.
- Shipped Weight 2 Pack: 34.7 pounds
Driver Array and Technical Highlights:
1" aluminum dome tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser delivers airy and unveiled presentation.
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response.
- Long stroke motor and suspension for high output.
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response.
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer.
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts.
SoundMatch Crossover Network:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior.
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes).
Cabinet Construction Technical Highlights:
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction.
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response.
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances.
Frequency Response and Electro-Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 48 Hz-25 kHz (+/-3 dB).
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz).
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
Prime Bookshelves: World-Class Performance, Compact Form.
Designed for two-channel purists and home theater fans alike, there simply isn’t a finer bookshelf monitor available at even twice the price. Equally adept up front in home theater or 2-channel settings, or even as a surround speaker. No matter what your listening preference, the Prime Bookshelf is the most flexible performer in the Prime speaker line. The handsome styling and high-end finishes result in a premium look that inspires pride—even before you’ve hit the power button. Matched with both the Prime and Ultra Center, Prime Satellites, and SVS subwoofers, the Prime Bookshelves can be the cornerstone or a stunning supportive element to any audio system.
In a 2-channel setting, Prime Bookshelf delivers a full and rich stand-alone audio experience with a 6.25” woofer for deep and articulate bass and a 1” aluminum dome tweeter for air presentation and unrivaled highs —true to the legacy of high-end, 2-way monitors. Stereo purists will rejoice at the amazing imaging, soundstage and fidelity delivered by the Prime Bookshelf. Whether you’re kicking back Saturday evening with a single malt and Dylan, or enjoying freshly ground coffee Sunday morning with Brubeck – the Prime Bookshelf has it covered.
Trickle Down Theory In Action – Ultra Sound At A Prime Price
Borrowing heavily from the Ultra line, the Prime Bookshelf is packed with high-end technology and premium quality drivers, setting a new high-water mark for sound quality and performance value at this price point.
The crossover is the key to any great bookshelf, and our exclusive SoundMatch network is packed with quality components and exhaustive refinement for outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior. The transition between tweeter and woofer is so smooth and seamless you’ll swear it sounds like a single full-range driver.
The front baffle of the cabinet is chamfered and the drivers are flush-mounted to reduce edge diffraction for a smooth high-end and outstanding imaging. Inside the FEA and CAD optimized cabinet is braced to eliminate resonances for an honest, neutral and uncolored midrange.
Driver and Crossover Details
- The 1” Aluminum dome tweeter, which is light, efficient, and rigid, provides high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
- We built our groundbreaking new 6.5” bass woofer on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics. Like all of the other drivers in the Prime family, the polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to keep up with the other drivers. Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 6.5” woofer uses aluminum shorting rings for reduced distortion, and a vented voice coil former to keep the motor assembly cool during high SPL playback. For perfect bass extension the cabinet is rear ported and tuned perfectly for the 6.5” woofer.
- Our exclusive SoundMatch crossover sports premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. All of these high-quality components yield lower distortion, tighter tolerances, better heat dissipation, and all around better sound. The 2-way crossover is uniquely tuned so each driver can blend perfectly each other while offering the best on and off-axis response, while maintaining phase coherency and razor sharp time domain behavior.
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: